User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » Ask NeuseRvrRat questions Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41], Prev  
EMCE
Notorious D.A.D.
90679 Posts
user info
edit post

I just started a new job. What things can I do to be successful in my role?

7/29/2026 4:41:18 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post



[Edited on July 29, 2026 at 8:38 PM. Reason : no idea on the binoculars. I've been out of the optics game for a long time.]

7/29/2026 8:38:03 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Is it hard to plug a tire on your own?

8/9/2026 5:55:33 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Not with a decent plug kit. Get one with metal handles so you can smack them with a hammer.

Plugs are technically only a temporary repair and they should be patched on the inside, but I have put tens of thousands of miles on multiple plugs with no issue.

8/9/2026 9:34:45 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

If you had to guess what you are going to hunt next, what would you guess?

8/25/2026 8:15:05 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

I don't really hunt anymore, but if I do go again, it will probably be for squirrel.

8/25/2026 8:46:05 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Is it true if you go hunting to not wear cologne etc cause they can smell that from far away?

[Edited on August 25, 2026 at 9:03 PM. Reason : Or just something they tell city folk]

8/25/2026 9:03:09 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

true

8/26/2026 7:53:42 AM

synapse
play so hard
60990 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"I just started a new job"


Congrats dude!!

8/26/2026 12:28:28 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

How much money would someone have to pay you to shave your beard today? Like $50? $500? More?

[Edited on August 30, 2026 at 11:12 AM. Reason : Example amounts]

8/30/2026 11:08:28 AM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Yeah, I'd do it for $50. Only takes a few weeks to grow it back.

8/30/2026 7:57:43 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Hm i bet you could do some kinda charity drive if it got super long

8/30/2026 8:09:52 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

I'm not a fan of performative facial hair.

8/30/2026 9:01:13 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

You seem like you'd be a fan of a good charity though

8/30/2026 9:02:57 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

If you only use your cars a/c exclusively on the lowest temperature setting with the highest fan setting, will that in any way shorten the life of the a/c?

8/31/2026 8:53:16 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Nope.

8/31/2026 9:01:19 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

If you think back, can you distinctly remember the last time you drank alcohol?

9/1/2026 2:26:51 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

no

9/1/2026 2:40:13 PM

Metricula
Mockingbird
4149 Posts
user info
edit post

What’s your favorite pasta shape?

9/1/2026 3:53:17 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

shells

9/1/2026 10:00:52 PM

MrGreen
All American
2607 Posts
user info
edit post

neuse river rat is one of my favorite wolf web users

9/1/2026 11:21:44 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

9/2/2026 6:56:42 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post



Do you have something like this?

9/2/2026 9:29:23 AM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Yes, I also have a thermal imaging camera.

[Edited on September 2, 2026 at 12:30 PM. Reason : afds]

9/2/2026 12:29:56 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Oh neat i'm gonna google that now

Woah...any recs?

[Edited on September 2, 2026 at 12:33 PM. Reason : Recommendations]

9/2/2026 12:31:41 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

The IR temp gun is just the one from Harbor Freight. Seems fine. My thermal camera is a Topdon.

9/2/2026 1:10:48 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Have you ever gotten a half cow to portion out?

[Edited on September 2, 2026 at 6:49 PM. Reason : ^thanks will google the topdon]

9/2/2026 6:48:32 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

No. My mom's partner raises cows and has a few slaughtered every year. I could get a deal on one if I wanted to, but we just don't eat much beef. Also don't want to deal with a freezer.

I'll also say I think the "half a cow" trend is kinda funny.

9/2/2026 7:05:57 PM

Talage
All American
5533 Posts
user info
edit post

Welp, that just shattered a small piece of the Ron Swanson mythos I had assigned to you in my head.

9/2/2026 9:51:36 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

I like beef. Probably cook it at home once per week on average. I grab chuck eyes when I find them and try to keep some on-hand in the freezer. My wife has a couple ground beef dishes she cooks regularly. Beef is expensive, even if you do the half a cow thing.

[Edited on September 3, 2026 at 3:06 AM. Reason : about half my monday-friday protein probably comes from Costco rotisserie chicken]

9/3/2026 3:05:08 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

I really need to incorporate those. Just hated the picking, reheating etc. Never could make it work with my level of effort

For past few weeks, 93/7 ground beef is in every dinner. Found 2 things I can easily batch on Sundays, 3 meals each...takes 2.25lb of beef. I stocked up last time that went on sale for 4.99/lb, bought 8 pounds

Really have never cared for any beef like steaks etc. so getting a half cow would be pointless

Also this: Also don't want to deal with a freezer.

[Edited on September 3, 2026 at 3:23 AM. Reason : Also]

9/3/2026 3:15:32 AM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

I cut the leg quarters and wings off and throw them on a sheet pan with veggies. Pull the rest and it goes in whatever my wife makes that week. Soup or some pasta skillet or bake or whatever.

[Edited on September 3, 2026 at 8:34 AM. Reason : Dh]

9/3/2026 8:33:44 AM

dbmcknight
All American
4052 Posts
user info
edit post

Dang TWW still going strong

what did i miss since i last logged in a decade ago?

9/21/2026 5:03:42 PM

qntmfred
retired
42631 Posts
user info
edit post

welcome back hope life's been treating you well

[Edited on September 21, 2026 at 5:31 PM. Reason : I'll let NRR answer the question since it's his thread ]

9/21/2026 5:30:43 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

^^hey dude! I'm probably not a good one to answer as I just started coming back around a few months ago, but sawahash's latest drama would be a good one to start with.

9/21/2026 8:28:42 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Damn i totally forgot about that

9/21/2026 8:37:58 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post

Real quick follow up...so i asked about eggs and whether you spent the money on the "healthier" eggs and you said no...can you think of any examples where you do consider the more expensive option if its "healthier"? Like organic strawberries, or just anything you can think of? Or do you pass on all the options like that?

9/22/2026 6:41:25 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

I can't think of anything.

9/22/2026 8:39:20 PM

EMCE
Notorious D.A.D.
90679 Posts
user info
edit post

I noticed that you've only started coming back around TWW a few months ago. What gives? Do you think you're too good for us?

9/22/2026 9:02:55 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17627 Posts
user info
edit post





What do you think of this? Something you think you'd like every once in a while?

9/22/2026 9:47:34 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

^^no, I guess I just lost interest over the years and there wasn't much going on here. I went to scrolling other social media.

^idk depends on the price. probably not. I just check for cheap chuck eyes every time I'm in Lowe's Foods and buy them all.

9/23/2026 7:10:45 AM

dbmcknight
All American
4052 Posts
user info
edit post

just saw your costco rotisserie chicken discussion, figured i’d throw my two cents in on that. after we pick everything off of those, the rest goes into a crock pot filled about 3/4 with water overnight to make chicken stock for soup season. A+ would recommend

oh also a question i guess
what keeps you busy these days

[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 9:31 AM. Reason : qs]

9/23/2026 9:31:21 AM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

I ride bicycles and lately I've been doing some automotive work on the side. I mess around with welding and metal fabrication.

9/23/2026 10:35:18 AM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Oh, and I have an 8 yr old nephew who comes and hangs sometimes.

9/23/2026 1:09:25 PM

dbmcknight
All American
4052 Posts
user info
edit post

nice, i have 11 nieces and nephews currently
from ages 3 to 14
where do you live now?

[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 3:24 PM. Reason : .]

9/23/2026 3:23:51 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Greensboro

9/23/2026 7:57:50 PM

dbmcknight
All American
4052 Posts
user info
edit post

radical

any pets?

9/23/2026 8:01:39 PM

NeuseRvrRat
[old]
35756 Posts
user info
edit post

Not even a fish. I tend to avoid any optional responsibilities, I guess.

9/23/2026 8:29:58 PM

dbmcknight
All American
4052 Posts
user info
edit post

not unreasonable

9/23/2026 10:19:05 PM

 Message Boards » Chit Chat » Ask NeuseRvrRat questions Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41], Prev  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2026 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.39 - our disclaimer.