User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » What MODEL you thinking about at this very moment? Page 1 [2], Prev  
CaelNCSU
All American
8276 Posts
user info
edit post

It's super low latency. Like I used it to pilot a robot which requires 2-3 hz. It's also 1/400th the cost for the cases he's talking about above.

9/18/2026 10:03:59 PM

kiljadn
All American
44786 Posts
user info
edit post

I think a lot of people are going to end up rearchitecting stuff that they'd lazily plugged LLMs into and hoped for the best with.

I have genuinely seen so many deterministic use cases that it's not worth even listing out. And this of course is the first of its type. Game done changed

9/19/2026 8:59:39 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17624 Posts
user info
edit post



[Edited on September 19, 2026 at 11:19 AM. Reason : Do you know what I am saying?]

9/19/2026 11:18:53 AM

aaronburro
Sup, B
54776 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"^^ brother, that place is, to wit, NGMI. I hope you're polishing up that resume and interviewing. I cannot see any scenario where farming out 8 tickets of work over a month to a team of 10 is getting you any meaningful ROTI. That's the type of wasteful spend that gets whole departments cut. What is your time worth? Sticking around to argue with a place like that in an era like this only does lasting harm to your career."

Oh, something is about to get cut, but it's not me. I've been showing the details to mgmt, with hard numbers. We are pretty close to cutting ties with the contracting firm at this point and switching.

I got brought in in January with an order to figure out how the hell they spent 5MM on the project and had a trivially small website put together that couldn't handle 1/100th of expected production volumes. SDD is the nail in the coffin at this point. It's showing why they can't get shit done.

9/25/2026 12:52:52 AM

kiljadn
All American
44786 Posts
user info
edit post

well that's positive, then

9/26/2026 12:09:11 PM

 Message Boards » Tech Talk » What MODEL you thinking about at this very moment? Page 1 [2], Prev  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2026 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.39 - our disclaimer.