Do you think you could balance the budget for the US if you tried?
9/20/2026 9:48:21 AM
Sure, but not in a way that wouldn't lead to massive public outcries no matter what. Anyone COULD balance the budget. But who wants their taxes raised, or their pork barrel spending or their government subsidies reduced?
9/20/2026 10:16:25 AM
When is the last time if ever you went to church?If you had to run a mile today about how quickly could you do it?[Edited on September 20, 2026 at 10:28 AM. Reason : Was gonna be my next question anyways]
9/20/2026 10:21:54 AM
if you were going to move to another country, which ones would you consider
9/20/2026 10:33:28 AM
Can you share another animal related story from your childhood like the retarded opossum one?
9/20/2026 10:35:11 AM
I think I last went to church on Easter Sunday with my family. Typically also go on Christmas Eve.I go to THE church frequently to help my dad with repair and electrical projects. That would have been 2 weeks ago during Labor Day weekend to install 4 outdoor-rated fans in a picnic shelter.The last time I ran and timed it was in April 2020 during the early part of COVID (also after a long period of inactivity). My first mile was in 8:03 on rolling terrain. The full run was over a 5K distance. I am at similar weight and fitness level now, so if I knew I was stopping after a mile, I assume I could do something like 7:30 even 6 years later. It wouldn't be comfortable, though.I would consider many countries, but most probably Western democracies (bonus points if they are actually still democracies). Since I am not currently multi-lingual, I would likely give some preference to countries where English is widely spoken. So Canada, Scotland, Ireland, New Zealand. Then Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy. It's not a comprehensive list. I would prefer cooler climates.We also had a retarded cat (its two sisters from the same litter were normal). Its hind legs were twisted around so the feet kind of faced backwards and it consequently drug what would normally be the tops of its back feet behind it and developed scabs where it got rubbed raw. It was sort of absent-minded, and my mom ran over it backing out of the garage one morning trying to get us to school.]
9/20/2026 10:58:17 AM
Yikes...did it die instantly or did yall have to put it down? I feel like that would traumatize me as a kid[Edited on September 20, 2026 at 11:06 AM. Reason : Also i kinda woulda wanted to put down the retarded one to begin with lol]
9/20/2026 11:06:22 AM
My grandparents came and took it to the vet, but there wasn't much to be done other than pain relief. My mom went to the vet after work and decided it needed to be euthanized, but she said there was maybe something else about its biology that was messed up, because the shot they normally use took forever to take effect. My sisters were more traumatized than me and said some helpful stuff like blaming my mom and making her feel worse for something completely unintentional. I am allergic to cats, and I don't remember being overly broken up about it.
9/20/2026 11:12:46 AM
Have you ever ran a marathon?
9/20/2026 11:26:18 AM
Yes, twice.
9/20/2026 11:41:49 AM
What was your best time?
9/20/2026 11:42:57 AM
3:45:15 on a very hilly rural course.
9/20/2026 11:44:18 AM
Were you in the boy scouts by chance?
9/20/2026 11:48:15 AM
I quit after Cub Scouts.
9/20/2026 11:49:49 AM
Were girl scout cookies common in the coz household? And I don't particularly mean for consumption
9/20/2026 11:53:13 AM
No. Very uncommon.We didn't have money to justify splurging on novelty cookies.
9/20/2026 11:58:47 AM
Oh i guess i assumed your sisters were in girl scouts and sold the cookies so seeing several boxes might have been common. I think i've bought one box ever if that[Edited on September 20, 2026 at 12:04 PM. Reason : I've def had some...i just don't think i've ever bought one myself]
9/20/2026 11:59:57 AM
What is your favorite shoe for running?
9/20/2026 12:34:39 PM
I wouldn't claim I have done comprehensive sampling or investigation, but I have worn Saucony for many years. They are comfortable. I got 3 of the same pair one time. They rotate in a hierarchy from running shoes to daily casual wear to yardwork shoes.
9/20/2026 1:32:17 PM
Where's you get your TWW name from? What does it mean?
9/20/2026 10:42:04 PM
It was a nickname of sorts in school.It has no other meaning, and it isn't related to Bill Cosby and his drugged raping tendencies in any way.I like the definite article.
9/20/2026 11:01:54 PM
Can you list 3 TWWers that you could probably take down in a fight?
9/21/2026 7:20:36 AM
I have to admit to not really knowing the current physical attributes or state of frailty of many TWW users, so it's hard to speculate. The people I know the most about are those who post most actively, or the very few I know in real life, but it doesn't seem right to call them out due to increased familiarity.There are certainly some folks on here I have felt like physically fighting over the years. I'd lay the ace of spades / five of clubs on them, and their asses ain't gonna be gettin' up!Good question, though! Poor answer, but I don't want to seed unnecessary drama (only strictly necessary drama). After all, we're in our 20's 30's 40's! . . .]
9/21/2026 8:14:08 AM
9/21/2026 9:07:44 AM
Ouch. Well to say "No" would have been a lie. I CAN do it. I'm choosing not to, and I thought you deserved an explanation. Apparently one you didn't want. . .Sry!
9/21/2026 9:20:11 AM
I know rwoody is in better shape than me, if that adds to ass kickability...i wouldn't mess with him coz
9/21/2026 9:49:21 AM
Alright, I'll give you another chance, despite your shortcomings. Mainly because 1) I like you, and 2) because in my old age I have become a kinder...more gentle soul.What is your opinion on the debacle regarding the closure (and potential demolition) of the Kennedy Center, here in DC, at the hands of Trump?
9/21/2026 11:38:28 AM
Whats the fastest mile you ever ran?
9/22/2026 10:00:56 PM
^^About the Kennedy Center debacle (and that is the correct descriptor), it's so ridiculous as to become almost tragically comical. I think if Trump wants to be part of a memorial so much, he should agree to die first. Maybe that's a trade we could abide. Or can't he just say it's now officially named after goofy-ass Republican Senator John Kennedy and stop screwing around with it? Or maybe they can turn it into the Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Center for Unnecessary Deaths due to Vaccine Skepticism and Medical Quackery. I didn't know that the serving president ever had anything to do with the Kennedy Center. What a quaint notion from a bygone era that turned out to be. . .^6:00 for 1600 meters in high school track. A mile is 1609 meters, so I'm going to say 6:02. But if I was trying to set a personal mile record, I assume I could have found 2-3 seconds somewhere. Especially since I was running 1600 meters, 3200 meters, and 800 meters. Can't remember the order.
9/23/2026 7:02:58 PM
I feel like you have to make your own Ask (yourself) questionswhat if they aren't open to questions :3
9/23/2026 7:12:48 PM
I asked him in chatterbox and he answeredAt first i wanted tech talk thread moved to chit chat and it woulda became defacto ask coz questions thread[Edited on September 23, 2026 at 7:21 PM. Reason : Add another note]
9/23/2026 7:19:21 PM
It's true.And I think making your own thread about yourself is kind of tacky and an attention grab. But who really cares at this point?BB, did you catch the nugget that I posted just for you earlier in this thread? It's buried in a reply, so you gotta read.I'm sorry if my Yarn GIFs aren't going to work as an embed. Especially because they were good.
9/23/2026 7:43:40 PM
Dude yarn kills me sometimes, like there will be 6 yarn of something and no other options
9/23/2026 7:57:50 PM
These were my two Yarns to Mr. EMCE:https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/ede25b32-d085-40fb-9bad-49b806cefc9ahttps://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/da52dc42-53cd-45c0-acc1-2716e82f56ca
9/24/2026 6:48:59 PM
Do you have any pets?
9/24/2026 6:54:48 PM
What was your major in school?If your major was "Gettin' laid and Gettin' paid", why didn't I see you in any of my classes?
9/24/2026 7:30:07 PM
I have no pets, which is nice because I can travel anywhere for any duration of time without having to plan for them. I am also allergic to cats and dogs.I majored in Textile Engineering.
9/24/2026 8:12:05 PM
I like animals but I also think I wouldn't want a pet unless I was like living in a rural or remote area at some point and/or very "settled" in place.
9/26/2026 9:32:39 PM
Are you the only one with cat/dog allergies in your family?
9/27/2026 8:52:30 AM
Yes, I am the only one.
9/27/2026 9:58:36 AM
Looking back, do you wish they would have been more considerate of your allergies?
9/27/2026 10:30:28 AM
Why textiles at that point in the industry? Lots of jerbs going away by the time we were in college. Have you ever met Dalton or Mac McMichael?
9/27/2026 10:37:27 AM
^^Not really. It's only problematic if the cats and dogs live indoors. I can be around them and even pet them as long as I don't then touch my face without washing my hands first. Where it becomes difficult is with certain extended family who have 6 full-grown labradors who live inside. That's way too much. Consequently, I haven't visited in years.^The degree was flexible and didn't restrict you to a career in textiles. It was ABET-accredited. I passed the FE/EIT. There was good scholarship support. There was 100% job placement at graduation for many years with competitive starting salaries. The industry was smaller, but still needed engineers. This is even more true now. It's classic supply and demand. The industry relies on production of physical articles in processes that require extreme dexterity and force modulation. Risk of full phase-out to AI-controlled robotics seems extremely distant, even now.
9/27/2026 10:57:35 AM
Do you have any guilty pleasures we would be surprised about?[Edited on September 27, 2026 at 11:30 AM. Reason : Oh i thought of another i want to ask...sc related]
9/27/2026 11:22:15 AM
I don't know what you people would find surprising. . .I have been watching Big Brother Season 28 this year because I only have broadcast TV, I can only tune CBS clearly on the rabbit ears, and I find Rick Devens to be an intriguing player from his Survivor days, and I want him to win.I suppose I could classify this as a guilty pleasure since it's admittedly brain-rotting trash TV.
9/27/2026 11:41:40 AM
Is it safe to assume you don't subscribe to any streaming?[Edited on September 27, 2026 at 11:43 AM. Reason : Oh sc question is do you know some sc bbq is like mustard or something? Know anything about that?]What channels come in but real crappy? Ever thought of getting a good antenna?[Edited on September 27, 2026 at 11:44 AM. Reason : More]
9/27/2026 11:43:15 AM
I don't subscribe to any streaming services, and in fact I pay no subscription fees of any kind.I do, however, have access to some shared family logins, but right now only for Apple TV and Amazon Prime Video.I can get PBS also, and the CBS station has like 6 or 7 linked digital sub-stations. In the past I have tuned NBC, but it is not worth the effort to change it and need to change it back.I haven't spent any time in recent years thinking about a better antenna, as I'm not trying to make it easier to watch more TV.I also don't really care about live sports, so I'm not missing much. I've got tons of DVDs, although at some point I will probably rip all those and set up a local streaming server.Yes, I know about SC mustard-flavored BBQ. It's fine, but I think NC Eastern Style is still superior. Even mustard is vinegar-based, so let's just cut to the chase.
9/27/2026 12:04:58 PM
Me and phill had this big debate on nc bbq...he kept claiming it was mustard...i was like wtf...then once realized wrong hes like oh it was charlotte they prefer mustard bbq in charlotte etc. What are 3 go to snacks for The Coz?
9/27/2026 12:15:39 PM
Throw away or completely scrape clean?Do you use the dishwasher?
9/27/2026 12:43:58 PM
Is this peanut butter I'm looking at?I don't use enough dishes to justify running the dishwasher often. I have one, but it's been a bit since it has run.Top snacks are Cheez-Its, granola bars, and tortilla chips.
9/27/2026 1:04:18 PM