My husband's dad is dying of dementia. He was stable for years and then suddenly had a bad two weeks and his mind is completely gone. He even forgot that he is a lifelong smoker and forgot to smoke. Has anyone been through putting a parent on palliative care? Just wondering what I can do to support him and his mom since they both suck at asking for things.
9/5/2026 9:33:19 AM
message_topic.aspx?topic=612374Worth a read]
9/5/2026 10:52:58 AM
Sorry to hear Green Jay. I don't have much first-hand experience, yet. But I'm pretty sure it's on its way and always in the back of my mind (or some other form of dementia)
9/22/2026 12:07:54 PM
I'd look into seeing if you can get a health advocate for him depending on his insurance.Home Hospice is a good idea as well.It's tough, just lost my Dad in August to this.
9/22/2026 2:25:52 PM